Reporting to the Production Manager, this is a hands-on role key to the co-ordination of sterile and non-sterile supply chain and warehouse management; consisting of logistics, supply, warehouse management and the proactive planning of supply chain improvements to better meet business goals and objectives. Ensures smooth operations of facility as a gatekeeper for raw materials in and product out encompassing all aspects. This role does not have direct reports.
- Adhere to established policies, rules and regulations, and standard operating procedures
- Maintains warehouse and outside yard in a clean and orderly fashion that is conducive to productivity and GMP compliant
- Organize and maintain stock of warehousing materials
- Proficient in ERP system software, with emphasis in the Operations / Supply Chain functionality
- Receives all raw materials, supplies, and components through the ERP system. This may include de-palletizing and re-palletizing of materials.
- Ensures that all materials received are in alignment with purchase orders and other shipping/purchasing documentation.
- Organizes and maintains shipping and receiving documentation. Forwards all required documentation to corporate accounts payable personnel as required
- Generates reports as required/requested such as expiring materials reports, components status reports, where used reports, material availability reports, etc.
- Investigate and resolve inventory discrepancies in a timely manner
- Maintain organization of labels, roll stock, inserts and other printed materials in storage cage as well as other storage locations
- Complete daily inventory transactions including inventory transfers, inventory adjustments and disposals in the inventory database
- Oversee all inventory transactions and movements to maintain accurate and complete records
- Coordinates shipping of commercial shipments of materials other than finished goods (e.g. equipment, large samples, etc.)
- Work closely with Supply Chain & Operations in scheduling product shipments and incoming shipments.
- Coordinates with logistic suppliers in setting up shipments when notified by management
- Prepares bills of lading, shippers, and applicable commercial invoices for each shipment and checks all items loaded for shipment
- Material Handling (may be required to lift up to 50 lbs)
- Forklift certification or ability or ability to be certified.
- Operates and support forklift certification of production personnel.
- Will be responsible for ensuring that the forklift safety and inspection program is complied with and will ensure that forklifts and electric daily are inspected prior to use.
- Maintains cleanliness and control of Hazardous Material cage in the warehouse
- Create and/or update standard operating procedures (SOP’s) as required
- Previous experience in supply chain/warehousing environment. Previous international pharmaceutical, medical supply chain/distribution, or pharmaceutical manufacturing experience desired
- In-depth knowledge of warehouse operations in a cGMP setting preferred
- Experience working in a sterile manufacturing environment preferred
- Skilled in Inventory Management (SAP experience a plus)
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Stand and walk for long periods of time
- Push, pull, bend, and reach above shoulder height
- Team player
- Ability to observe safety and security procedures and comply with policies
- Must have excellent attention to detail and record keeping capabilities
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions and communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to follow schedules
- Must be able to manage time efficiently