Health & Safety Officer at Univet Ltd
Univet is a family owned pharmaceutical business situated in a rural hub close to a number of excellent local facilities such as an established montessori and creche facility and a number of primary and post-primary schools. There is no traffic congestion or difficulties travelling to the site and a number of highly skilled professionals have successfully transferred to our dynamic and versatile facility in recent times.
This role would suit a professional looking to work part-time. A full time position will also be considered and additional role responsibilities may be discussed during the recruitment process.
Overview of the role:
This role will manage the health and safety department on site at Univet, working closely with established health and safety representatives onsite. The aim is to promote a safety culture within the company and support the project managers to maintain high standards of H&S compliance on a pharmaceutical site.
Your Skills and Experience
For this role you need to be versatile with excellent communication skills and a natural ability for building and maintaining relationships within the company. As our health and safety officer you will use a wide range of techniques to influence change at all levels of the organisation & possess a well-structured, systematic approach to change.
Day to day of the role:
- Implement the company’s health, safety, quality and environmental policy, procedures and management systems.
- Provide advice, guidance and instruction in all health & safety and occupational health matters to management, safety representatives and employees (and include contractors where appropriate).
- Assist in developing H&S plans that comply with company policies and procedures and develop the company induction documentation with delivery of the health and safety induction lesson for new employees.
- Conduct regular inspections and safety audits, report findings to site and senior management and provide strict follow-up to ensure identified actions are attended immediately.
- Ensure all accidents and near-misses are reported, recorded and investigated and that suitable notification is given to the company directors, health and safety authority and insurers as required.
- Promote a culture of safety first, promote being healthy, incident and injury free.
- Prepare/maintain all safety documentation alongside senior management and remain up to date on current legislation.
Required skills for this role:
- Hold a relevant Qualification
- 2 + years’ in a similar role
- Proven experience leading safety management on a site
- Excellent IT skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work on own and manage own workload